The Music Technology program at Bellarmine University states that effective competition in the music fields of today and tomorrow requires strong musical skills linked with ability and artistry in the use of electronic media. Our program combines courses in music technology as well as courses that develop the whole musician such as aural skills, music theory, music history, jazz and world music, and singing and/or playing an instrument.
Graduates of the program have completed graduate degrees in music at the University of Maryland, NYU, SUNY College, the Savannah College of Art and Design and Minnesota State University in other fields including Film and Video, Sound Design, Computer Animation and Music Technology.
Others have gone on to careers in Studio Recording and Engineering as well as successful free-lance musicians and composers living and working in Louisville, New York City, Pittsburgh, Nashville and Los Angeles, working in Hollywood and for Disney.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Foundations of Digital Music
- Music Technology I: Basic MIDI
- Music Technology II: Advanced MIDI
- Music Technology for the Music Educator
- Music Technology III: Recording Technology
- Music and Video Production
- Composition and Practices in Electro-Acoustic Music
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Music History View 2108 other Masters in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed online application through CommonApp or Bellarmine App.
- Entrance exam (ACT or SAT I) or a request to have your application reviewed as Test Optional.
- An official transcript and school report from the high school last attended or, for those who have not completed their high school work, a General Educational Development (GED) test score.
- Recommendation letter from high school counselor or teacher.
International43070 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43070 USD per year during 48 months.
National43070 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43070 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State43070 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43070 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Newburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.