In addition to giving students research skills, theoretical insights, and practical experiences in the real world where these skills and insights can be applied, the program emphasizes an interdisciplinary perspective in understanding crime. Two required internships help ground the student in the real world of criminal and legal issues. The program includes a social justice perspective on the understanding of crime and society.
The Criminal Justice Studies program at Bellarmine University has classes that provide practical and “hands-on” knowledge, selected humanities courses in philosophy, psychology, literature, and drama provide interpretations of issues involving crime and society that can only be found in a true liberal arts education. Faculty in the program have been selected because of their vast experience in the criminal justice field, from criminal profiling to police and correctional administration and law.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of the biological, psychological, and criminological origins of criminal behavior.
- Students will identify connections between theory and research in the construction of scientific knowledge.
- Students will demonstrate proficiency with fundamental data analysis.
- Students will be able to express sociological ideas, as they apply to criminal justice issues, clearly and coherently both in writing and in oral presentations.
- Students will demonstrate an ability to apply knowledge, skills and professional behavior in an internship experience.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Career Practicum
- Criminal Justice
- Comparative Criminal Justice Systems
- Crime and the Media
- Topics in Criminal Justice
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Criminal Law View 1467 other Masters in Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed online application through CommonApp or Bellarmine App.
- Entrance exam (ACT or SAT I) or a request to have your application reviewed as Test Optional.
- An official transcript and school report from the high school last attended or, for those who have not completed their high school work, a General Educational Development (GED) test score.
- Recommendation letter from high school counselor or teacher.
International43070 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43070 USD per year during 48 months.
National43070 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43070 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State43070 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43070 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Newburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.