The Art program at Bellarmine University provides a supportive environment that promotes the rigorous investigation of craft, technology, history, theory and individual conceptual concerns. Faculty are professional artists who serve students as mentors and advisors, providing hands-on instruction, fostering experimentation, and challenging students to articulate their creative goals and develop their artistic identity.
Small classes, internships, a dynamic local art scene, and study abroad courses all foster meaningful engagement with campus, regional and global communities. The art department enriches our university and city through exhibitions, lectures, service and other programming.
Students graduating from Bellarmine with a degree in Art will demonstrate:
- an understanding of the fundamental principles of visual design;
- proficient craftsmanship and technical skill;
- creative, original and expressive use of materials and design concepts;
- knowledge of art history; and
- the ability to articulate artistic intent and individual theoretical concerns.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Art History: Ancient to Medieval
- Art History: Renaissance to Modern
- Art History: 19th Century
- African Art History
- Special Topics in Art History
- The History of Photography
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art History View 844 other Masters in Art History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed online application through CommonApp or Bellarmine App.
- Entrance exam (ACT or SAT I) or a request to have your application reviewed as Test Optional.
- An official transcript and school report from the high school last attended or, for those who have not completed their high school work, a General Educational Development (GED) test score.
- Recommendation letter from high school counselor or teacher.
International43070 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43070 USD per year during 48 months.
National43070 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43070 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State43070 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43070 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Newburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.