A major in Classics and Greek Studies from Hellenic College Holy Cross instills humanistic values and teaches students to read and think clearly and critically, forming a solid foundation of knowledge while fostering the adaptability required in today’s rapidly changing world.
- Hellenic College offers an array of courses in post-classical, medieval, and Modern Greek language and culture for minors in Byzantine or Modern Greek Studies. Despite its modest size, Hellenic College hosts the largest Modern Greek language program in the United States.
- The Classics and Greek Studies program helps students form a holistic view of the world of classical Greece and Rome and connects it with the language, history, and culture of modern Greece. Students can study every form of Greek language and culture—ancient, biblical, and modern.
- Beginning Ancient Greek
- Attic Prose
- Greek Lyric Poetry
- Platonic Readings
- Readings in Ancient Greek
- Classical Greek Historiography
- Readings in Ancient Greek Drama
- Ancient Greek Culture
- Greek Epic Poetry
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Studies & Classics View 762 other Bachelors in General Studies & Classics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed online application or Common Application
- Personal essay (or a graded writing sample)
- Interview with Admissions Office
- Official copy of all transcripts (all high schools and colleges attended; include school academic profile if possible.)
- Evaluation from one academic source (guidance counselor or teacher/professor)—two or three recommendation letters preferred
- ACT or SAT scores (optional)
International21940 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21940 USD per year during 48 months.
National21940 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21940 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Brookline
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.