Civil engineers are entrusted by society to create a sustainable future and enhance the world’s quality of life as planners, designers, constructors, and operators of society’s economic and social engine – the built environment.
After graduation, the graduates of the Bachelor in Civil Engineering from Wentworth Institute of Technology should demonstrate the following abilities:
- Lifelong Learning - to pursue professional development by obtaining professional licensure, certifications or by post-graduate study as appropriate to meet and adapt to emerging and evolving technology and infrastructure challenges.
- Successful Careers - to have a successful career in the field of civil engineering or a related field.
- Professionalism - to contribute to the field of civil engineering or a related field as a professional.
Upon graduation students should demonstrate (at a minimum) the following outcomes:
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics;
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors;
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences;
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts;
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives;
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions;
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Engineering Calculus
- Engineering Physics
- English Sequence
- Engineering Design
- Fundamentals of CAD & CAM
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction View 508 other Bachelors in Civil Engineering & Construction in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application Form
- $50 application fee
- Written Personal Statement
- A Copy of Your Passport
- Optional – SAT and/or ACT Scores
- Letter of Recommendation
- Official Transcripts of Secondary Education
- English Proficiency
- Declaration and Certification of Finances: International applicants must complete the Financial Information Form and document their ability to meet all educational and personal expenses. (Form I-20)
- Declaration and Certification of Finances (required if you will need an immigration document from Wentworth): Students must provide proof of funding for at least the equivalent to USD $65,190 for residential students and USD $66,518 for commuter students. The U.S. Consulate will require the same documentation, we suggest you obtain two (2) original letters, one for your records and one for us. We will not accept photocopies or faxes of financial documentation.
International32850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1095 USD per credit during 48 months.
National32850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1095 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.