The History program at Worcester State University requires empathy for people, respect for intelligent debate, and the skillful use of an evolving set of practices and tools. Political Science addresses questions about the organization and function of governments, public policies and political processes, systems, and political behavior.
Political scientists use both humanistic and scientific perspectives and tools and a variety of methodological approaches to examine the processes, systems, and political dynamics of all countries and regions of the world. All History and Political Science courses emphasize critical reading, rigorous research, and strong oral and written communication skills.
The History program encompasses a minor and a major, with optional concentrations in Public History or Foreign Service. The department also offers a minor in Political Science, a minor in Pre-Law, and a minor in Middle East Studies. History majors complete a capstone project through a seminar course, an independent senior thesis, or by being accepted into the fall American Antiquarian Society Seminar.
The department supports the Upsilon Rho chapter of Phi Alpha Theta (the National History Honor Society) and is a member of the American Historical Association and the American Political Science Association.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- World Civilization
- US History
- First Year Seminar History
- The Historian's Craft
- The United States Since 1945
- History of Science and Technology
- Native America
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History Modern History View 392 other Bachelors in Ancient History in United States
- Application for Undergraduate Admissions and $50 fee.
- International Student Applicants Guide
- Official high school transcript or national exam scores
- Notarized translation is needed if your transcripts/documents are not in English.
- Official evaluation of high school transcript
- TOEFL, IELTS, Pearson PTE, DAAD, EIKEN, Duolingo, or iTEP Score Report if education was in a language other than English (WSU Code: 3524)
- SAT or ACT Score Report (WSU SAT Code: 3524 or WSU ACT Code: 1914)
- Original bank letter or statement verifying sponsor's financial information
- Affidavit of Financial Support Form
- Waiver of Confidential Information (optional)
International16666 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16666 USD per year during 48 months.
National16666 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16666 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State10586 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10586 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Worcester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.