The Chemistry program at Worcester State University is considered the central science because it is required for a full understanding of many other sciences as well as medicine. The Chemistry Department offers courses for general education and for majors in chemistry, biology, biotechnology, and nursing.
Besides the chemistry major and minor programs, the department also has concentrations in biochemistry, green chemistry and environmental chemistry, materials science and inorganic chemistry, and bioinformatics. The department offers opportunities for undergraduate research in organic chemistry, bioanalytical chemistry, nanoscience, and molecular modeling. The Chemistry Department promotes green chemistry in its curriculum and research. Majors in chemistry may be eligible for the Accelerated Pharmacy Program with the Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences.
Undergraduate chemistry majors who have demonstrated academic excellence and interest in research may participate in the Chemistry Honors Program. The department has a chapter of the Gamma Sigma Epsilon National Honor Society in chemistry for those who qualify.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Paper Or Plastics?
- Survey of Chemistry
- General Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Instrumental Technology for Forensic Analysis
- Chemical Analysis: an Introduction to Modern Methods
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesChemistry Bioinformatics Biochemistry View 2043 other Bachelors in Chemistry in United States
- Application for Undergraduate Admissions and $50 fee.
- International Student Applicants Guide
- Official high school transcript or national exam scores
- Notarized translation is needed if your transcripts/documents are not in English.
- Official evaluation of high school transcript
- TOEFL, IELTS, Pearson PTE, DAAD, EIKEN, Duolingo, or iTEP Score Report if education was in a language other than English (WSU Code: 3524)
- SAT or ACT Score Report (WSU SAT Code: 3524 or WSU ACT Code: 1914)
- Original bank letter or statement verifying sponsor's financial information
- Affidavit of Financial Support Form
- Waiver of Confidential Information (optional)
International16666 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16666 USD per year during 48 months.
National16666 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16666 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State10586 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10586 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Worcester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.