Trinity’s language and culture studies programs are rooted in a thorough knowledge of the language itself, as utilized by contemporary speakers and writers.
- The Department of Language and Culture Studies from the Trinity College offers students a wide variety of opportunities for communication and intellectual stimulation beyond the typical classroom setting.
- The one-on-one relationships that develop between student and professor, between student and student, and between student and other speakers of foreign languages are benchmarks of the program and an enduring source of personal and professional satisfaction.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Student clubs feature practical exposure to foreign languages in a fun and relaxed atmosphere. Trinity has majors in seven principal modern languages – Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, and Spanish – as well as studies in Arabic and Hebrew.
- Our distinguished faculty provides instruction at all levels, from elementary classes to advanced courses in literature and other cultural aspects of the chosen language.
- The curriculum in language and culture studies is not limited to courses in foreign languages, but also includes a rich array of classes, taught in English, focusing on topics such as the civilization and literary traditions of foreign cultures. Students who major in other disciplines, but wish to develop their linguistic skills and knowledge of foreign cultures, may choose to minor in a foreign language through a language concentration.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies Linguistics View 1882 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Trinity College accepts the Common Application.
- A $65 application fee is required, and must be submitted online through the Common Application site.
- Trinity requires a diploma from and certification by an accredited secondary school.
- Trinity requires an evaluation from a college or guidance counselor and two teacher evaluations.
- All students must submit an essay through the Common Application.
- As of fall 2015, Trinity College does not require the SAT or ACT for all students applying for admission, including transfer applicants.
- International students may need to demonstrate English proficiency by submitting their results from the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or the Duolingo English Test.
International56380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56380 USD per year during 48 months.
National56380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56380 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Hartford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.