You may focus your study with a major in either Sustainable Building Technology or Computational Design.
Studio, drawing, and digital media courses build core skills in design and communication. Courses in design history, art, humanities, and science engage the whole person. Open electives give you the opportunity to explore your own interests.
Design Studies graduates from Boston Architectural College are multidisciplinary thinkers prepared to assume responsibilities across a wide spectrum of career opportunities. Our graduates are putting their education to work in firms focused on building design, sustainability, construction project management, and graphic technology. Others work in nonprofits and a number of our entrepreneurial graduates have started their own companies.
- Interdisciplinary studies equip students with practical and theoretical skills that can be applied in a wide range of creative industries
- Students begin learning essential design principles with all BAC students in the first year Foundation segment
- Students finish their program with a thesis project that they create, develop, and complete under the guidance of their instructors and advisor
- Instructors are professionals in their fields and bring current practices into the classroom
- Students build a portfolio of their work to demonstrate their progress and individual design strengths
- Practicum Seminar—Design Studies’ unique applied-learning curriculum—sets students on a path toward a life of learning and growth
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- City Lab
- Transdisciplinary Studio
- Design Representation
- Critical Reading and Research
- Building information modeling
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts View 1968 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed application form, either online or print
- $50 application fee
- Official high school transcript or GED scores
- Credential evaluation for high school diplomas received outside the United States
- Completed creative exercise
- Current resume
International21144 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10572 USD per semester during 48 months.
National21144 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10572 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State21144 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10572 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.