About the Program
More than a century ago, Emerson was a pioneer in teaching theater for young audiences. That legacy is sustained today by our award-winning faculty—leaders in the field we helped to create.
The Theatre Education program of Emerson College is grounded in the liberal arts and in the fundamentals of the dramatic arts. Students learn pedagogical tools that can be applied to many vibrant vocations, including careers in professional theater, community outreach, and teaching at all levels.
By the time they complete their BFA and pass the Massachusetts Tests for Educator Licensure, our students will have met all the requirements of the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education–approved program leading to initial licensure as a teacher of theatre, all levels (pre-K to 12+).
We believe that education is a powerful shaper of society. When you learn to combine theater with education, you will be empowered to engage young minds—and to shape society’s next generation.
Programme StructureCourses offered:
- Acting: Text and Improvisation
- Acting: Voice and Movement
- Foundations of Education
- Developmental Psychology
- Directing I: Fundamentals of Directing
- Drama as Education
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Theatre & Dance View 2617 other Bachelors in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official transcripts are required from each secondary school attended and should include courses taken and grades received in years.
- A School Report must be completed by your secondary school counselor or another school official, and must be submitted along with an official, signed transcript from your high school.
- The secondary school counselor evaluation should accompany the high school transcript and School Report.
- A minimum of one official teacher evaluation from someone who has taught you in an academic subject.
- We ask that all applicants submit first marking period (first quarter, midterm, first trimester) or mid-year (second quarter, first semester, second trimester) grades when they become available.
- Testing and English Language Proficiency Requirement.
- SAT or ACT Scores.
International50240 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25120 USD per semester during 48 months.
National50240 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25120 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.