About the Program
Emerson provides an unmatched setting for those looking to build a career in theater. Whether you are a future producer, director, playwright, dramaturg, or administrator, the Theatre program of Emerson College will help you grow into a multifaceted practitioner of your craft.
Walking near campus through downtown Boston, it’s hard not to be moved by the gleaming facades of the many splendid theaters Emerson College worked so hard to bring back to life. Here, in the historic cradle of New England’s literary, theatrical, and cultural life, you’ll find a learning environment compact enough for personal attention and close-knit artistic communities—yet celebrated enough to attract world-class talent, vibrant professionals, and eager audiences.
With comprehensive training grounded in the liberal arts and a curriculum artfully balanced between study and practice, arts and academics—our students explore all aspects of the world of theater and will emerge ready to make their mark on the stage of life.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses offered:
- Text and Improvisation
- Voice and Movement
- Theatre as a Collaborative Art
- Play Analysis
- Directing I: Fundamentals of Directing
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 1335 other Bachelors in Theatre & Dance in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official transcripts are required from each secondary school attended and should include courses taken and grades received in years.
- A School Report must be completed by your secondary school counselor or another school official, and must be submitted along with an official, signed transcript from your high school.
- The secondary school counselor evaluation should accompany the high school transcript and School Report.
- A minimum of one official teacher evaluation from someone who has taught you in an academic subject.
- We ask that all applicants submit first marking period (first quarter, midterm, first trimester) or mid-year (second quarter, first semester, second trimester) grades when they become available.
- Testing and English Language Proficiency Requirement.
- SAT or ACT Scores.
International50240 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25120 USD per semester during 48 months.
National50240 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25120 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.