About the Program
The Creative Writing program of Emerson College is designed for the imaginative, the curious, and the poetic. It’s designed to give creative writers a place to expand their skills and experiment with offbeat ideas, novel approaches, and timeless topics.
From literary history and theory to writing and composition to fiction and poetry, our writing courses give you a deep understanding of how writing as an art form has developed over time and across cultures. We challenge you to sharpen your writing skills and find your own voice, ensuring that you leave Emerson as a formidable communicator, and also a unique one.
Here, you will learn from award-winning storytellers and poets and have access to an alumni network that includes New York Times–bestselling authors and Emmy-winning screenwriters. You will also have a chance to be published in one of Emerson’s celebrated literary journals and magazines like Ploughshares, Redivider, em Magazine, The Emerson Review, Concrete Literary Magazine, Gauge, Stork, and Your Magazine.
At Emerson, we develop talent and teach technique. We impart theory and provide opportunities for practice. As a result, our graduates are well-positioned to succeed in creative writing—a life of provoking and persuading, entertaining and educating, imagining and inspiring.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses offered:
- Literary Studies
- Literatures in English
- Magazine Writing
- Creative Writing
- The Art of Poetry
- The Art of Fiction
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before
DisciplinesCreative Writing Literature View 450 other Bachelors in Creative Writing in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official transcripts are required from each secondary school attended and should include courses taken and grades received in years.
- A School Report must be completed by your secondary school counselor or another school official, and must be submitted along with an official, signed transcript from your high school.
- The secondary school counselor evaluation should accompany the high school transcript and School Report.
- A minimum of one official teacher evaluation from someone who has taught you in an academic subject.
- We ask that all applicants submit first marking period (first quarter, midterm, first trimester) or mid-year (second quarter, first semester, second trimester) grades when they become available.
- Testing and English Language Proficiency Requirement.
- SAT or ACT Scores.
International50240 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25120 USD per semester during 48 months.
National50240 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25120 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.