About the Program
We believe that acting is as much about honestly seeing yourself as it is about putting yourself in the shoes of another. That’s why the journey to an Acting (BFA) at Emerson is so personal and collaborative. In your first two years as a Theatre and Performance major in the Actor Training Core, you will practice, study, move, read, laugh, cry—even breathe—as a team with your classmates. You will challenge and support one another as do members of a close-knit theater company.
Through a curated progression of classes, you will cultivate essential skills—equipping you with the building blocks for performing with confidence on stage or in front of a camera.
From here, if you decide the Acting program of Emerson College is for you, then you must audition for the program. If accepted, your academic focus shifts to your individual abilities and aspirations. You will spend your last two years in 14 hours a week of intense training, energizing your talent and building on your foundation in a trusting environment where it’s always okay to take risks.No one said the life of an aspiring actor is easy. But at Emerson you will develop a clear process that sustains your professional work. You will gain the skills and confidence to become a true player once you walk through our doors, step in front of an audience, and take your place on the stage of life.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses offered:
- Movement and Voice
- Acting Fundamentals
- Scene Study
- Languages of the Stage
- Stagecraft Laboratories
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 1335 other Bachelors in Theatre & Dance in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official transcripts are required from each secondary school attended and should include courses taken and grades received in years.
- A School Report must be completed by your secondary school counselor or another school official, and must be submitted along with an official, signed transcript from your high school.
- The secondary school counselor evaluation should accompany the high school transcript and School Report.
- A minimum of one official teacher evaluation from someone who has taught you in an academic subject.
- We ask that all applicants submit first marking period (first quarter, midterm, first trimester) or mid-year (second quarter, first semester, second trimester) grades when they become available.
- Testing and English Language Proficiency Requirement.
- SAT or ACT Scores.
International50240 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25120 USD per semester during 48 months.
National50240 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25120 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.