International opportunities and study abroad
Most International Relations majors study abroad for a semester. Some take advantage of a semester-long Study Away Teach Away (SATA) program at Connecticut College, in which a small group of students and one or two Connecticut College professors go abroad together. Other opportunities include a College-funded summer internship abroad or a one- to three-week trip for a specific course. In the past, students have explored renewable energy in Spain, pollution in Martinique, and the issues of race and ethnicity across borders.
Many international relations majors choose to double major, often in economics, history or a foreign language. You can also choose an Integrative Pathway, such as Global Capitalism or Peace and Conflict, or pursue a certificate from one of the College's interdisciplinary academic centers, which allow you to enhance your major with one of four concentrations: international studies, environmental studies, art and technology or public policy and community action.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- International Politics
- Human Rights In World Politics
- United Nations Peacekeeping
- Nationalism and ethnic conflict in Europe
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations View 585 other Masters in International Relations in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application
- School report: includes (1) college counselor recommendation, (2) official secondary school transcript with first term (quarter or trimester) grades for the current academic year and (3) mid-year report with updated grades as soon as they are available
- Two academic teacher recommendations (preferably from junior or senior year)
- Common Application Early Decision Agreement Form for EDI & EDII applicants (signed by ED applicant, college counselor and parent or legal guardian) submitted via your Common Application account
- If English is not your native language: the TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE is required.
- All non-US citizens must submit a Certification of Finances for International Students (pdf)
International75315 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 75315 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National75315 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 75315 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.