You have many opportunities to pursue your own research interests. The challenging History program offered by Connecticut College and creative environment has inspired work as diverse as a cultural history of the Outer Banks at the time of the Wright brothers' first flight and a thesis on the theories and practices of non-racialism in South Africa.
International opportunities and study abroad
We encourage you to travel to do primary research for your studies. Our students have recently done work in India, Cairo, Rome, Tokyo and Berlin. Faculty have led trips to the Mexican border to study immigration and to key locations of the civil rights movement.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Contesting India's Past
- Social Justice And The Environment
- Jews and muslims in Europe
- History of Hip Hop Music And Culture
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory View 1585 other Masters in History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application
- School report: includes (1) college counselor recommendation, (2) official secondary school transcript with first term (quarter or trimester) grades for the current academic year and (3) mid-year report with updated grades as soon as they are available
- Two academic teacher recommendations (preferably from junior or senior year)
- Common Application Early Decision Agreement Form for EDI & EDII applicants (signed by ED applicant, college counselor and parent or legal guardian) submitted via your Common Application account
- If English is not your native language: the TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE is required.
- All non-US citizens must submit a Certification of Finances for International Students (pdf)
International75315 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 75315 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National75315 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 75315 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.