Students have opportunities throughout their coursework to put theory into practice. From community-based learning with New London community partners to summer internships in the U.S. and abroad, GSIS students get hands-on experience working with Gender, Sexuality and Intersectionality Studies practitioners. Study away provides another opportunity for students to experience and learn firsthand about gender issues in other nations and cultures. GSIS professors and students also sometimes travel together in the U.S. or abroad as part of their Connecticut College coursework or to participate in GSIS-related conferences.
After Connecticut College
The Connecticut College graduates draw upon the knowledge and skills they learn in GSIS to passionately engage the world. The interdisciplinary and praxis focus of our department ensures that students graduate with experience in research and advocacy skills and in cross-cultural communication that is highly valued by employers and graduate schools. They are practitioners, advocates, intellectuals, teachers, artists and writers. Graduates may go directly into work in a range of fields from dance, human resources, publishing, and business or they may go on to do graduate work in law, public policy and teaching.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Transnational Women's Movements
- Men And Masculinity
- Women, Religion And Modernity
- Critical sexuality studies
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGender & Sexuality Studies View 299 other Masters in Gender & Sexuality Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application
- School report: includes (1) college counselor recommendation, (2) official secondary school transcript with first term (quarter or trimester) grades for the current academic year and (3) mid-year report with updated grades as soon as they are available
- Two academic teacher recommendations (preferably from junior or senior year)
- Common Application Early Decision Agreement Form for EDI & EDII applicants (signed by ED applicant, college counselor and parent or legal guardian) submitted via your Common Application account
- If English is not your native language: the TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE is required.
- All non-US citizens must submit a Certification of Finances for International Students (pdf)
International75315 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 75315 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National75315 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 75315 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.