You are exposed to three levels of choreography and a variety of techniques, including modern, Afro-Caribbean, West African, improvisation and ballet. Most importantly, you are encouraged to find a singular voice for your artistry.
You are exposed to three levels of choreography and a variety of techniques, including modern, Afro-Caribbean, West African, improvisation and ballet. Most importantly, you are encouraged to find a singular voice for your artistry. Dance is a universal language and we hope you study abroad. Options range from Europe to Australia and India. You also have an opportunity to intern with a dance company or arts group.
You are able to participate in at least six dance productions each year through the Dance Department and student-run clubs at Connecticut College. Each spring, senior majors produce their own concert, creating a budget and choreographing and publicizing the show. Dance companies are associated with five of our professors, providing additional opportunities for performance.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Music For Dance
- Dance And Technology
- Dance Writing
- Anatomy of movement
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 1234 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application
- School report: includes (1) college counselor recommendation, (2) official secondary school transcript with first term (quarter or trimester) grades for the current academic year and (3) mid-year report with updated grades as soon as they are available
- Two academic teacher recommendations (preferably from junior or senior year)
- Common Application Early Decision Agreement Form for EDI & EDII applicants (signed by ED applicant, college counselor and parent or legal guardian) submitted via your Common Application account
- If English is not your native language: the TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE is required.
- All non-US citizens must submit a Certification of Finances for International Students (pdf)
International75315 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 75315 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National75315 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 75315 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.