Massachusetts College of Art and Design students are introduced to advanced techniques and processes, with an emphasis on individual development and experimentation—with both form and content.The central structure of the program is built through individual and group critique. Classes meet for ten hours each week and substantial studio work outside of class is expected.
- Appreciating the role of play, exploration, and investigation in creative practice
- Understanding and valuing perceptual, formal, and conceptual approaches
- Understanding and valuing the interdependence of approaches
- Understanding and embracing materials and methods of drawing
- Understanding and embracing materials and methods of Painting
- Developing facility in visual analysis and verbal communication about processes, approaches, and presentations
- Understanding and appreciating historical and contemporary practice and works
- Developing personal thematic focus
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Intro. to Painting
- Life Drawing
- Sophomore Drawing
- Intermediate Life Drawing
- Sophomore Painting
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art History View 2225 other Bachelors in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application form and $70 application fee
- Official transcripts
- Official English language proficiency exam scores
- Two letters of recommendation
- Résumé / list of activities
- Proof of graduation
- Declaration and Verification of Finances (for student visa)
International39800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39800 USD per year during 48 months.
National39800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39800 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State14200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14200 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.