We have an exceptionally strong program in freshwater Botany, as well as courses in such diverse areas as terrestrial ecology, plant systematics, ethnobotany and plant cell biology. You focus on your areas of interest while developing a strong background in all aspects of plant biology.
Thanks to a low student-faculty ratio and ample funding, you are able to conduct research with a botany faculty member, often as early as your first or sophomore year. In recent years, students have worked on projects in many parts of New England and the continental U.S., as well as Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, Venezuela and Peru. Faculty-student collaborations often lead to presentations at conferences and co-authorship of papers in top journals.
Connecticut College offers top-flight transmission and scanning electron microscopes as well as light microscopes. You get hands-on experience in our extensive greenhouses and learn plant identification and classification in our Graves Herbarium, a renowned resource for scholars. Another unusual resource for a small college is our 750-acre Arboretum, a living laboratory with hundreds of species of native trees and shrubs and a large variety of wetland and upland habitats.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Plants, Protists And Fungi
- Indigenous Use Of Tropical Rainforests
- Ethnobotany Of Southern New England
- Systematic botany and the local flora
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPlant & Crop Sciences View 155 other Masters in Plant & Crop Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application
- School report: includes (1) college counselor recommendation, (2) official secondary school transcript with first term (quarter or trimester) grades for the current academic year and (3) mid-year report with updated grades as soon as they are available
- Two academic teacher recommendations (preferably from junior or senior year)
- Common Application Early Decision Agreement Form for EDI & EDII applicants (signed by ED applicant, college counselor and parent or legal guardian) submitted via your Common Application account
- If English is not your native language: the TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE is required.
- All non-US citizens must submit a Certification of Finances for International Students (pdf)
International75315 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 75315 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National75315 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 75315 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.