The journey starts with courses in design and foundation-level drawing and culminates in the ideas and concepts you express in the Senior Thesis Exhibition. The Connecticut College faculty are dedicated teachers and active artists. They expose you to a variety of artistic philosophies and professional practices. You can experiment or concentrate in a broad range of studio disciplines including ceramics, graphic design, mixed media, painting, photography, printmaking and sculpture.
Cummings Arts Center has generous studios, darkrooms, computer laboratories and galleries supporting diverse disciplines. We also have newly renovated studios in sculpture, ceramics and printmaking and a new white-box gallery for student exhibitions and special projects. As a Art senior, you have a studio that is yours 24 hours a day, seven days a week for your thesis project.
Opportunities for collaboration abound. For example, professors Pamela Marks (art) and Marc Zimmer (chemistry) collaborated with art major Julia McGinley '14 to develop illustrations for a children's book on bioluminescence. And art professors Andrea Wollensak and Denise Pelletier collaborated with the computer science and botany departments to create courses investigating common themes and concepts. The Arboretum, greenhouse and Caroline Black Garden were the locus for the investigations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Just a sampling of art courses:
- Concepts in Two Dimensions
- Concepts in Three Dimensions
- Concepts in Digital Process
- Special Topics: Sketchbooks and Artist Books
- Special Topics: Drawing, Pattern and Print on Clay
- Sculpture Workshop: Beyond the Object
- Design Studies
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts View 1962 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application
- School report: includes (1) college counselor recommendation, (2) official secondary school transcript with first term (quarter or trimester) grades for the current academic year and (3) mid-year report with updated grades as soon as they are available
- Two academic teacher recommendations (preferably from junior or senior year)
- Common Application Early Decision Agreement Form for EDI & EDII applicants (signed by ED applicant, college counselor and parent or legal guardian) submitted via your Common Application account
- If English is not your native language: the TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE is required.
- All non-US citizens must submit a Certification of Finances for International Students (pdf)
International75315 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 75315 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National75315 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 75315 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.