Graduates of the Biostatistics program at Emmanuel College will be prepared to address new challenges arising from advances in biomedical science; collaborate with investigators in institutions such as cancer research centers and medical schools on the design, analysis, and interpretation of studies; and make a difference in the world of health sciences.
Learning Goals & Outcomes
- Understand a common set of core mathematical concepts/skills/problems/theorems/ways of thought needed to study mathematical statistics (MATH2103 and MATH2101)
- Understand foundational principles of biology (BIOL1105 and BIOL1106)
- Understand chemical structure of components of living systems (DNA, proteins, lipids, etc.) (CHEM1101 and CHEM1102)
- Understand descriptive and inferential statistics, probability theory, methods and techniques (MATH2113, MATH3103, MATH3105)
- Be able to apply statistical methods and techniques to current biological topics and research (BIOL2123 and one BIOL elective (BIOL2115 or BIOL2119))
- Be able to use technology and software programs (SAS, R) to analyze data and effectively communicate statistical results to others, especially non-statisticians (MATH2113, MATH3105, MATH4101).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Cellular and Molecular Biology
- Organismic and Evolutionary Biology
- Genetics Linear Algebra
- Applied Statistics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Statistics View 2505 other Masters in Biology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application Form
- Official Secondary School Transcript
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Standardized Test Scores (Optional)
- Proof of English Proficiency
- International Declaration of Finances
- International Student Information Form (for non-U.S. citizens)
- Certificate of Eligibility (I-20) Application Form (for non-U.S. citizens)
- Interview (recommended)
International42096 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 42096 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National42096 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 42096 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.