An essential feature of such study is the reading of texts in their original language(s) of composition. The study of Comparative Literature at Colorado College promotes an understanding of intercultural or cross-cultural relations and helps to foster a more international or cosmopolitan perspective of both literature and the world and, in turn, of one's own literature and culture.
- A vital component of Comparative Literature today is the study of World Literature, specifically, the examination of how great works of literature uncover understudied relations and transnational connections between various cultures, languages, and artistic traditions across the globe. Such work often relies on translations.
- The study of World Literature promotes an understanding of the deep roots of today's intertwined global cultures and supports a critical position that aims to dismantle the presumed centrality and dominance of certain cultural views and perspectives over others.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Literature, Power and Identities
- Literature, Place, and the World
- Literature and Contemporary Issues
- Literature, Texts, and Media
- Introduction to Literary Theory
- World Literature/Comparative Literature
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLiterature View 1110 other Masters in Literature in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application or Coalition Application
- If using the Common Application, Writing Supplement to the Common Application (submit via Common Application online)
- No application fee
- School Report and official transcripts from any secondary school, middle school, university or professional school attended. 'A' and GCSE/'O' level examination results or International Baccalaureate results should be included if applicable.
- Two Teacher Evaluations
- Financial Documentation CSS Financial Aid PROFILE (for those applying for scholarship)
- Documentation of Adequate Financial Support (for those not applying for scholarship)
International60390 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 60390 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National60390 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 60390 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.