The Art Therapy program of Endicott College is one of the few programs in the nation. Art therapy is a four-year, pre-professional degree program integrating three areas of study: studio art, psychology, and the creative arts therapies. Primarily based in the visual arts, you may choose to augment your coursework with opportunities in drama, music, and creative writing. Through foundation courses, you'll grow increasingly comfortable working in a variety of media, and you'll be encouraged to develop your own toolbox of personal creative resources that you can share therapeutically with others.
Endicott alumni have been able to secure meaningful positions in relevant fields, by becoming registered art therapists (ATR), which requires completion of an advanced degree with post-graduate supervised experience. Board certification (ATR-BC) is granted to registered art therapists who complete a master's program and pass a written examination.
An Endicott education means you'll graduate with a degree and a resume.
Whether you pursue graduate school or embark on your career right away after graduation, we believe that your time at Endicott will prepare you for the next step. Take a look at what our graduates have been up to lately.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Visual Art and Cultural Values I: Prehistory to c. 1310
- Visual Art and Cultural Values II: Early Fourteenth Century to the Present
- Drawing and Composition
- Foundations of Creative Therapies
- Two Dimensional Design
- General Psychology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesVisual Arts View 1968 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete Application
- An official transcript of your high school or secondary school record including senior year first quarter/marking period grades
- Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) or American College Test (ACT) scores are recommended, but not required
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a guidance counselor and/or teacher
- Resume (optional)
- Submit Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores. The College will also accept an IELTS score
- A declaration of finances indicating the applicant's or sponsor's ability to pay the costs required to attend college in the United States
International34470 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17235 USD per semester during 48 months.
National34470 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17235 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Beverly
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.