The Global and International Studies program from Bard College begins from the proposition that the growing interconnectedness and complexity of global affairs is such that it cannot be studied within the narrow boundaries of traditional disciplines.
Designed to draw attention to how global forces affect and shape local conditions (and vice versa), GIS emphasizes the importance of language, culture, and society to the study of international affairs and asks all students to complete an international experience. The GIS curriculum draws on faculty strengths in anthropology, economics, history, political science, sociology, and area studies to foster connections among interdisciplinary approaches to global phenomena and facilitate new and innovative perspectives on international affairs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureAreas of Study
- The Global and International Studies Program is organized into three thematic subfields: transnationalism; global economics; and international relations.
- Students choose one of these subfields as the primary focus of their major, and take at least one course in the remaining two fields. In addition, students complete course work that focuses on the history, politics, and/or culture and society of a particular geographic area.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations View 589 other Masters in International Relations in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Apply using the Common Application.High School transcript (Include mid-year senior grades if available at the time you apply.)School Report (Form is generally completed by a high school counselor and includes a school profile.)Teacher recommendations (Two are required: We prefer that one recommendation come from an English or humanities instructor and one from a math or science instructor.)
- TOEFL exam or IELTS exam or Duolingo English Test (For English proficiency requirements, see below.) All international applicants who speak a foreign language other than English as their primary language must submit a completed TOEFL exam or IELTS exam or Duolingo English Test.
- Completed Certification of Finances form
International57717 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 57717 USD per year during 48 months.
National57717 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 57717 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.