Art from California State University Los Angeles presents students with the opportunity to acquire an understanding of various art and design disciplines in order to develop excellence in a specific area.
The total number of units required for the BA degree in Art is 120 units, of which 62-69 units are in the major depending on the option selected: Animation; Art Education; Art History; Graphic Design/Visual Communication; Fashion, Fiber and Materials; or Studio Arts. Consult with an advisor for the specific number of units required in each option of the degree, including GE (minimum of 48 units) and free electives. For a BA degree, a minimum of 40 semester units must be upper division courses numbered 3000-4990.
Courses numbered above 4990 are intended for graduate students only and are not applicable toward bachelor’s degrees.
- Animation Option
- Art Education Option
- Art History Option
- Fashion, Fiber and Materials
- Graphic Design/Visual Communication Option
- Studio Arts Option
- Two-Dimensional Art
- Three-Dimensional Art
- Survey and Studio
- World Art: Ancient to Early Medieval
- World Art: Baroque to Contemporary
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art History Liberal Arts View 1484 other Bachelors in Art History in United States
- Your secondary education must be in an academic track, intended for college/university preparation and be deemed similar in preparation to what is required of U.S. high school graduates.
- Have a minimum 3.00 GPA (on a 4.00 scale) in academic courses of the last 3 years of high school/secondary education.
- You must graduate from high school/complete your secondary education by the end of the Spring term prior to Fall enrollment
International16296 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16296 USD per year during 48 months.
National16296 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16296 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State6792 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6792 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.