Designed to give you an edge in a competitive job market, this program focuses on the research behind political science and how to integrate theoretical understanding of the political world into solutions for real-world problems.
Build on your critical and creative thinking in the research and synthesis process while you develop a diverse set of skills and knowledge—which can help you succeed in a variety of environments. Earning your B.S. in Political Science can lead to a lucrative career.
In this Political Science program at University of Houston Victoria, you will develop:
- Analytical thinking skills that enable you to draw connections and deepen your understanding of how government and policy shape our lives
- A thorough understanding of the different institutions and processes in which political decisions are made
- Practical skills applying basic research methodologies—including research design, sampling, validity and techniques
This program prepares you for roles such as:
- City or County Administrator
- State or Federal Agency Administrator
- Regional Planner
- Intelligence Analyst
- Research Analyst
- Public Policy Analyst
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Public
- Policy World Politics
- Professional Writing
- Research Methods for Political Scientist
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPolitical Science View 1244 other Bachelors in Political Science in United States
- Apply Texas Application
- Official Academic Credentials/Transcripts
- Students must submit proof of the English Proficiency Requirement
- F-1 Student Agreement Form.ACT scores (optional)
- Proof of Funding
- U.S. Transfers
- Bacterial Meningitis (Needed at the time of enrollment not for admissions)
International18540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 618 USD per credit during 48 months.
National18540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 618 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State6270 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 209 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Victoria
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.