Our Women's and Gender Studies program at College of Charleston explores the intersections of gender, class, race, ethnicity, age, religion, ability, and sexuality. Through the College of Charleston's Women's and Gender Studies minor or major, you will be able to devote yourself to the study of women and gender in different cultures, contexts, and time periods. We discuss complex cultural issues—from historical to contemporary controversies—and teach students to think on their feet and develop a range of analytical approaches.
But most importantly, the experience and knowledge you will gain by choosing the minor or major in Women's and Gender Studies can give you a distinct advantage for future employment or graduate study. Not only does this program introduce you to relevant social issues, it also fosters critical thinking, develops strong verbal writing and research skills, encourages social advocacy, emphasizes diversity, and gives you valuable, real-life experience.
Watch and share our new video to learn about the WGS program, its legacy and the ways in which your support and financial commitments ensure that graduates are well-prepared for life after graduation and more than capable in shaping a world that requires awareness, advocacy and equity.
The College of Charleston is a state-supported comprehensive institution providing a high-quality education in the arts and sciences, education and business. The faculty is an important source of knowledge and expertise for the community, state and nation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Introduction to Women's and Gender Studies
- Women's and Gender Studies Internship
- Capstone in Women's and Gender Studies
- Race-Ethnic Relations
- Latin American Politics and Society in Film
- Managing Diversity
- Topics in Law and Morality
- LGBT Politics
- Topics in Gender, Theory, and Law
- Women and Politics
- Gender and Society
- Race and Ethnic Relations
- Sociology of the Family
- Gender and Violence
- Studies in Women's and Gender Studies
- Special Topics in Women's and Gender Studies
- Seminar in Women's and Gender Studies
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesGender & Sexuality Studies View 302 other Masters in Gender & Sexuality Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application Method: Complete and submit the CofC application or The Common Application (Common App).
- Official Transcripts: Submit your complete high school transcripts directly to College of Charleston in the original language with the school’s official stamp/seal .
- Certified Translations: If transcripts are written in a language other than English, certified, word-for-word English translations of all transcript pages must be submitted.
- Standardized Examination Scores: Submit scores directly to the College of Charleston from one of the following examination board
- Copy of passport picture/data page.
International32848 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32848 USD per year during 48 months.
National32848 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32848 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12518 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12518 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Charleston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.