Our Computer Science Concentration at the University of Houston Victoria is a general Computer Science degree that exposes students to all the main areas of the field, including various aspects of programming, software engineering, computer organization, structure of programming languages, data base, operating systems and discrete mathematics.
Students have opportunities to further their knowledge in more advanced and specialized subjects through concentration courses and electives in computer architecture, computer graphics, software project management, artificial intelligence, telecommunication & networks, numerical analysis, computer security, Java, Internet and Intranet, just to name a few areas. Students can find computer science jobs in a variety of organizations, both commercial and governmental. Some continue in Computer Science graduate work or internships.
Graduates of the University of Houston Victoria Computer Science Program will have:
- acquired breadth and depth of skills in the necessary fields of Computer Science and mathematics to be able to design and implement computer-based solutions to commercial, scientific, and industrial problems and to provide system level support and development.
- learned to employ the necessary verbal, written, visual, and collaborative communication skills to be effective team members in multidisciplinary project settings.
- sharpened the sense of social responsibility and ethics essential in contributing to their community.
- acquired the skills necessary to achieve their career goals, whether employment at a reputable corporation, further study in a quality graduate program, or success in operating their own business.
- exhibited a concrete commitment to lifelong learning and development.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computer Organization and Architecture
- Software Engineering
- Database Systems
- Operating Systems
- Structure of Programming Languages
- Information Security, Privacy and Ethics
- Probability and Statistics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Software Engineering Artificial Intelligence View 851 other Bachelors in Software Engineering in United States
- Apply Texas Application
- Official Academic Credentials/Transcripts
- Students must submit proof of the English Proficiency Requirement
- F-1 Student Agreement Form.ACT scores (optional)
- Proof of Funding
- U.S. Transfers
- Bacterial Meningitis (Needed at the time of enrollment not for admissions)
International18540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 618 USD per credit during 48 months.
National18540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 618 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State6270 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 209 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Victoria
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.