An information system is a power behind the decision-making process of an organization; it is an integral part of an effective management system.
The information system professional utilizes tools, techniques, and concepts of various disciplines such as computer science, management science, and organizational behavior.
These interdisciplinary tools, combined with an understanding of the basic needs of an organization, enable the information system professional to apply computer technology to the solutions for a wide range of business problems.
Students in the Management Information Systems program at Winona State University take general business courses such as accounting, finance, marketing, economics, statistics, and project management, but additionally take coursework such as programming, databases, networking, information systems, information technology, and e-commerce in order to learn how these disciplines support modern businesses.
Graduates of the Management Information Systems program pursue careers as programmers, business analysts, technical or network support personnel, systems analysts, web developers, database analysts, and account managers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Financial Accounting Principles
- Managerial Accounting Principles
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Legal Environment of Business
- Corporate Finance
- Principles of Marketing
- Management Information Systems
- Organizational Dynamics
- Operations Management
- Strategic Management
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Business Information Systems View 326 other Bachelors in Business Information Systems in United States
- 4 years of English
- 3 years of mathematics (2 years algebra & 1 year geometry)
- 3 years of science (1 year biological science & 1 year chemistry or physics-- all should include labs)
- 3 years of social studies (including 1 year U.S. history)
- 2 years of world language (American Sign Language is accepted, but no sampler or review courses)
- 1 year of specified electives (world cultures, computer science, arts, music)
International13696 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6848 USD per semester during 48 months.
National13696 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6848 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State7598 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3799 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Winona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.