The Interior Design educational community at Pratt Institute encourages philosophical explorations, ethical responsibility, aesthetic expressions, and practical applications in line with professional standards. With a firm commitment to social and environmental responsibility, the department strives to create professionals who effectively contribute to the enhancement of function, health, safety, and quality of the human environment.
- Students will be able to identify and explore complex problems in the realm of the interior, and generate creative solutions incorporating all aspects of the design process.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively through analog and digital medium.
- Students will be able to present the conceptual basis of their work in both oral and written form, critique the work of others, and engage in multi-disciplinary collaborations.
- Students will apply their knowledge of history and current issues affecting the design field, as well as the broader social and cultural contexts affecting the built environment to the solution of design problems.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to integrate a broad-based knowledge of standards and precedents related to sustainable practice, material research, environmental quality, aesthetics, technology, in the design of interior environments.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Courses included:
- Space, Form, Process
- Light Color Design Lab
- Themes in Art and Culture
- Literary and Critical Studies
- Light Color Design Studio
- Time and Movement
- Design Studio
- Language of Drawing
- Assemblies & Environments
- History of Interior Design
- Color Materials Lighting
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInterior Design View 177 other Bachelors in Interior Design in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To apply as an international student, complete the online application after reading the application requirements for your level: Links to each level (high school applicant, transfer) are on the Navigation Menu.
- High School Applicant Requirements: All international high school applicants must submit results from either the TOEFL, IELTS, Pearson Test of English (PTE), or SAT/ACT.
International51754 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 51754 USD per year during 48 months.
National51754 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 51754 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.