Fashion Design students at Pratt Institute build a vision and a language through conceptual processes emphasizing curiosity, imagination, improvisation and play. They communicate that vision through proficiency in construction and illustration skills, fluency with materials, traditional techniques, and digital technologies as well as synthesis of germane research.
One of the world's most prestigious independent colleges, Pratt Institute is globally recognized for its distinguished academic record. Graduates in fashion carry the hallmarks of the department into the working world, where they are recognized for a commitment to ingenuity, authenticity, creativity and personal vision as well as an informed versatility. Their creative approach both reflects and challenges the needs of contemporary culture.
- Students will be able to demonstrate exceptional construction and patternmaking skills. They will be conversant in 2-D and 3-D processes along with construction details and finishes that allow for innovative cut, shape and silhouette.
- Students will have an in-depth knowledge of materiality and will have acquired a sophisticated curiosity with emergent textiles and technology.
- Students will be able to communicate their design philosophy with conviction by understanding the history of fashion and the theoretical underpinnings that drive fashion and contemporary culture.
- Students will be committed to the creative process having strong conceptual thinking skills and an informed versatility required to work in the broad range of the fashion industry from the commercial to the avant-garde.
- Students will be able to design, produce and progressively present, cohesive, contemporary, and authentic collections.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Courses included:
- Fashion Illustration
- Drape & Construct
- Contextualizing Fashion
- Themes in Art and Culture
- Fashion Studio: Materiality + Design
- Fashion Illustration: Digital Studio
- Contemporary Fashion
- Hand Knitwear
- Fashion Design
- Methods in Fashion Construction
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFashion Design View 154 other Bachelors in Fashion Design in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To apply as an international student, complete the online application after reading the application requirements for your level: Links to each level (high school applicant, transfer) are on the Navigation Menu.
- High School Applicant Requirements: All international high school applicants must submit results from either the TOEFL, IELTS, Pearson Test of English (PTE), or SAT/ACT.
International51754 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 51754 USD per year during 48 months.
National51754 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 51754 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.