Why Study Philosophy at Wilkes University ?
Because philosophy class sizes are small, you’ll develop a connection with your professors that you wouldn’t get at a larger school. And the program offers interesting and unique courses that cover a broad spectrum of topics.
The philosophy major also affords you the freedom to pursue coursework in many other programs. This flexibility allows you to design your academic path by double majoring in your area of interest, and choosing from a wide array of minors. Philosophy naturally and easily combines with other programs at Wilkes to provide the comprehensive and competitive training and prepare you for success.
What Will You Learn as a Philosophy Student?
- You will develop valuable skills including critical thinking, problem solving, organizing and presenting complex ideas in an easily understandable format.
- You will achieve clarity of thought, precision in analysis of conflicting claims, power to render sound judgments based upon appreciation of differing perspectives, and ability to express and defend your own views with force and imagination.
- You will learn to recognize the strengths and weaknesses of arguments and weighing factors in decision making.
- You’ll study important ethical theories, contemplate conceptions of the good life and confront ethical dilemmas in fields like business, the environment, neuroscience, medicine and health care.
- You’ll have the opportunity to take a variety of philosophy courses both traditional and topical, including Violence and Nonviolence, Animal Minds & Animal Lives, and Neuroethics, as well as special topics courses like Science & Society, Virtues and Vices in Life and Literature, and Philosophy of Race, Class and Gender.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Philosophy
- Introduction to Ethical Problems
- Introduction to Symbolic Logic
- Origins of Western Thought
- Ethical Theory
- Animal Minds, Animal Lives
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
National Students : Wilkes University considers applications on a rolling basis.
DisciplinesHistory Philosophy & Ethics View 981 other Bachelors in Philosophy & Ethics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed application
- Official High School Transcript(s) (in English). Original or certified true copy of the secondary school record.The academic report should include a list of subjects studied, a qualitative rating on a course-by-course basis and an overall rating
- International students must present a sufficient English Language proficiency score to enroll as an undergraduate student.
- Financial verification
- Students must submit the main page of the passport with picture
International37622 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37622 USD per year during 48 months.
National37622 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37622 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Wilkes Barre
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.