Why Study Mechanical Engineering at Wilkes University ?
Our program combines a rigorous, modern curriculum with the real-world projects and communication skills employers look for. You'll study traditional disciplines such as fluid mechanics, thermal sciences and mechanical design, as well as cutting-edge fields like additive manufacturing, robotics and nanotechnology. You'll “learn by doing,” with many opportunities to participate in research with experienced faculty. Accreditation assures that the program meets the profession's quality standards.
The BS in Mechanical Engineering program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
What Will You Learn as a Mechanical Engineering Major?
- You'll learn to identify, formulate and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science and mathematics.
- Your study will follow three main tracks: solid mechanics/mechanical design, robotics/mechatronics and thermal sciences/fluid mechanics.
- You'll learn to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental and economic factors.
- Starting in your first year, you'll develop skills with computer-based tools such as AutoCAD, Solidworks and Matlab.
- You may choose to select electives across a range of mechanical engineering disciplines or specialize in one area of interest. Choices include traditional fields such as thermal/fluids sciences, mechanical design or materials. Classes in emerging fields such as nanomaterials, additive manufacturing, robotics and automation, and advanced CADD are also offered.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Scientific Programming
- Strength of Materials
- Engineering Thermodynamics
- Intro. to Manufacturing and Machining
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
National Students : Wilkes University considers applications on a rolling basis.
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 567 other Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed application
- Official High School Transcript(s) (in English). Original or certified true copy of the secondary school record.The academic report should include a list of subjects studied, a qualitative rating on a course-by-course basis and an overall rating
- International students must present a sufficient English Language proficiency score to enroll as an undergraduate student.
- Financial verification
- Students must submit the main page of the passport with picture
International37622 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37622 USD per year during 48 months.
National37622 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37622 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Wilkes Barre
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.