Why Study Computer Science at Wilkes University ?
As a Wilkes computer science student, you’ll enjoy small class sizes, opportunities to conduct research with faculty as well as travel to conferences to present your research.
The computer science program is highly flexible; both a bachelor of arts and a bachelor of science are offered. The BA is for you if you’re interested in management and social sciences, and the BS is more focused in the engineering, natural and physical sciences.Technical and free electives give you the opportunity to take advanced courses in areas such as information retrieval, computer graphics, and artificial intelligence. You also have the flexibility to combine a computer science major with a minor in mathematics, computer information systems or computer engineering.
What Will You Learn as a Computer Science Major?
- The Computer Science curriculum consists of theoretical as well as application-oriented courses and is based on a strong foundation in mathematics, and is designed to help students develop problem-solving skills that can be applied to many disciplines.
- Courses provide a solid base of computer software, hardware and theoretical knowledge and practical experience in software development, computer architecture and theoretical computer science to prepare you for success in the computer industry or graduate school.
- You’ll learn programming in multiple languages, analysis of algorithms, architecture, software engineering, operating systems, and theoretical computer science.
- You’ll gain the ability to develop software to solve real-world problems.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computer Science
- C and Unix
- Discrete Mathematics
- Operating System Principles
- Analysis of Algorithms
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
National Students : Wilkes University considers applications on a rolling basis.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Software Engineering Artificial Intelligence View 1918 other Bachelors in Computer Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed application
- Official High School Transcript(s) (in English). Original or certified true copy of the secondary school record.The academic report should include a list of subjects studied, a qualitative rating on a course-by-course basis and an overall rating
- International students must present a sufficient English Language proficiency score to enroll as an undergraduate student.
- Financial verification
- Students must submit the main page of the passport with picture
International37622 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37622 USD per year during 48 months.
National37622 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37622 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Wilkes Barre
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.