Denison’s proximity to Columbus gives students access to world-class corporations and organizations, to apply their knowledge in fields as diverse as marketing and communications, product development, public health, community development, and banking and finance.
Data Analytics majors from Denison University are well positioned to shape the future of countless professions, including business, marketing, finance, public health, government, education, social policy, law, and medicine, as well as scientific research in genomics, climate science, neuroscience, particle physics, and astronomy. The Data Analytics major is firmly rooted in the liberal arts, and offers students boundless opportunities to discover new knowledge within socioeconomic and ethical frameworks.
The major has four components:
- A sequence of four project-oriented data analytics courses that employ both analytic methods and liberal arts skills. Students learn ethics, interdisciplinary research, and communications skills specific to data analytics, practiced in a variety of application domains.
- Four classes in total of mathematics and computer science, which are an essential platform for the technical side of data analytics.
- Three classes of interdisciplinary work – this is the area of inquiry, such as psychology, biology or environmental studies, that the student feels most drawn to work in. Students will also undertake a capstone project in this field.
- A summer internship. Students practice what they have learned in a professional setting and then complete a capstone project informed by their internship experience.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Practicum in Data Analytics
- Data Analytics Colloquium
- Advanced Methods for Data Analytics
- Directed Study
- Independent Study
- Seminar in Data Analytics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Data Science & Big Data View 1704 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Once you submit your application, you will be emailed a confirmation that includes login information for your online portal. A personal essay is included in this application.
- Your counselor will submit a recommendation directly to us. If you do not have a counselor at your school, you may ask a teacher or another school official instead.
- Your counselor must send us a copy of your official transcript and school report.
- At least one teacher of a core course must submit a teacher evaluation form for you. You can invite your teachers to do this online, which is how they will submit the evaluation to us.
- All international applicants must demonstrate adequate English proficiency to qualify for admission.
International57500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57500 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National57500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57500 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.