Through its exploration of American traditions, institutions, geography, arts, and mass culture, the program exposes students to a diversity of American perspectives and identities.
- Central to our American Studies major at Saint Michael's College is an investigation of the intersectionalities of ethnicity, gender, sexuality, class, religion, and citizenship in the examination of American experiences.
- In response to the discipline’s animating questions “What is ‘America’?” and “What does it mean to be an American?” we analyze the formation of local, indigenous, borderland, and diasporic communities within the context of powerful assertions of national identity.
Saint Michael's College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- American Literature
- American Studies elective
- Junior Seminar
- American Publics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History View 2727 other Bachelors in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete the Common App for admission
- Complete the Saint Michael’s College Member Questions
- Submit the $50 application fee or a fee waiver
- Request that your official high school transcript be sent to the Admission Office, along with the School Report form
- Updated senior year grades (as updated each term)
- Send us your test scores
- Submit Recommendations
International46175 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46175 USD per year during 48 months.
National46175 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46175 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Colchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.