This highly scientific discipline grows in importance each year and teaches you to think critically about what it takes to maintain fitness and wellness not only among youth, but with people of all ages.
As an Exercise and Sport Science major at Frostburg State University, you’ll engage in science and health courses and graduate with a variety of hands-on experiential learning opportunities, including a full-time internship and several semesters of field experiences. You’ll complete coursework designed to help you earn fitness and wellness certifications and forge connections that can lead to a fulfilling career.
- Get ready for a career working as a health fitness specialist, wellness coach, strength and conditioning coach, personal trainer or operator of your own training facility.
- Be eligible to take the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) certification exam to become a certified strength and conditioning specialist (CSCS), or take the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) exam for certified exercise physiologists.
- Prepare for optional graduate coursework in health-related fields like human performance, kinesiology, physical therapy, occupational therapy and exercise physiology.
Becoming a fitness trainer or instructor is one of several diverse career paths accessible with a bachelor degree in exercise and sport science. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, practitioners in the trainer and fitness instructor field can anticipate 13 percent growth in positions through 2022.
- Foundations of Exercise and Sport Science
- Methods of Group Exercise Instruction
- Foundations of Resistance Training
- Biomechanics for Exercise and Sport Science
- Care and Prevention of Athletic Injuries
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
- National: FSU accepts applications on a rolling basis, starting on September 15 and continuing until there is no further space for students
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Sports Sciences Kinesiology View 617 other Bachelors in Kinesiology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Frostburg State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Complete an application for admission and submit your $45 (USD) application fee
- Send your official academic transcripts
- Provide a photocopy of your passport identification page
- Submit an international student certification of financial support
- Pass an English proficiency exam
International21320 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21320 USD per year during 48 months.
National21320 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21320 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State6834 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6834 USD per year during 48 months.
Regional Resident (Residents of Pa., Va., W.Va. and Ohio living within 120 miles of Frostburg) $15,730/year
Living costs for Frostburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.