Applying interdisciplinary techniques to locate, identify and characterize natural processes, reconstruct landscapes and examine the impacts of climate change on a diverse range of environments, Frostburg State University’s Earth Science majors seek answers to today’s most pressing scientific questions.
We explore such issues as: How has the planet changed over time? What conditions were necessary for life to begin? Why does climate change? What is the future of the Earth? The study of earth science has never been more important than it is today and that has led to tremendous opportunities for those who enter this growing field.
- Enter a field experiencing widespread growth because of increased awareness of excessive global consumption and declining availability of finite materials and energy resources.
- Complete an environmental science concentration or pursue certification as an earth science middle/secondary teacher.
- Study in a multidisciplinary program with diverse courses delivered by the departments of geography, physics, biology and chemistry.
According to information presented in a webinar by the American Geosciences Institute about the Outcomes of the Geoscience Undergraduate Education Summit, earth sciences graduates can anticipate 35 percent growth in career positions over the next 10 years. One reason for the growth is an estimated loss of 12 percent of the earth science workforce to retirement.
An additional explanation for career growth in the earth sciences field is growing public concern over the demands populations are placing on our diminishing natural resources. For more information about the AGI and the field of geoscience, visit American GeoScience Institute.
- Physical Geography
- Descriptive Meteorology
- Physical Geology and Geomorphology
- Earth Systems History
- Environmental Chemical Analysis
- Soils: Genesis, Nature and Characteristics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
- National: FSU accepts applications on a rolling basis, starting on September 15 and continuing until there is no further space for students
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Soil Science Environmental Sciences View 185 other Bachelors in Soil Science in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Frostburg State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Complete an application for admission and submit your $45 (USD) application fee
- Send your official academic transcripts
- Provide a photocopy of your passport identification page
- Submit an international student certification of financial support
- Pass an English proficiency exam
International21320 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21320 USD per year during 48 months.
National21320 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21320 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State6834 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6834 USD per year during 48 months.
Regional Resident (Residents of Pa., Va., W.Va. and Ohio living within 120 miles of Frostburg) $15,730/year
Living costs for Frostburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.