About the program
While studying a fundamental literary subject such as Shakespeare, students will learn about the history of cinema and the contributions of influential auteurs, as well as the complex dynamics between film and literature.
Students will also have the opportunity to perform in-depth studies of important genres and pivotal movements or nationalities. The Film Studies program is offered at Samford University.
The study of film necessarily includes reading films critically, researching current scholarship, and writing original arguments. In the spring semester of their senior year, students will demonstrate their knowledge by writing a thesis that features film exclusively or combines film and literature.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Introduction to Literature
- British Literature to 1798
- British Literature since 1798
- Literary Theory
- American Literature
- Film History
- Senior Seminar
- Fiction and Film
- Film Adaptation
- Foreign Film
- Special Topics in Film Studies
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media View 694 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed International Undergraduate Application
- $40 application fee
- Official government documentation (passport, visa)
- Documentation for financial support (bank statement, minimum balance $42,120)
- Translated and notarized transcript (if your high school study was done abroad)
- WES Course by Course Evaluation
- ECE Course by Course Evaluation
- Personal essay
- Letter of recommendation
- English proficiency tests
- TOEFL/TOEFL iBT: Samford’s test code for TOEFL is R1302IELTS
- ACT/SAT scores (student may request waiver)
International34198 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34198 USD per year during 48 months.
National34198 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34198 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Homewood
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.