With three concentrations to choose from, the Chemistry program from Frostburg State University can prepare you for a variety of careers in medicine, biomedical research, pharmacy and industry positions, or you can take advantage of FSU’s enviable acceptance rate into graduate programs and prepare yourself for a Masters or Ph.D. The chemistry program focuses on active learning and real-world projects at a time when experience is becoming more important to landing a first job. We offer a huge variety of experiential opportunities, including faculty-led research projects and classes that foster hands-on learning, to make you stand out to future employers.
- Choose your focus in a traditional chemistry track, professional preparation or biochemistry.
- Design your own research project and create a presentation and portfolio to show off your knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Participate in ongoing research on topics including the active medical components in black cohosh plants, natural gas extraction from Marcellus Shale and new eco-friendly solvents for organic reactions.
Perform experiments in state-of-the-art facilities to get the most out of each and every lab. FSU chemistry students work with instruments and technology typically reserved for graduate student use only at other institutions.
Showcase your work at conferences like the American Chemical Society National Meeting & Exposition or the FSU College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Undergraduate Research Symposium.
Relax at registration time, knowing you’ll get into the classes you need. FSU strives to have no waiting lists for General Chemistry courses, which can fill quickly due to the many programs that make use of their solid, foundational content.
Excel in our newly redesigned General Chemistry I course, which now implements more student-centered, active learning and produces students who outperform their peers in the same course nationwide.
Meet other Chemistry students and join in great events with the FSU Pre-Med Society or the Student Members of the American Chemical Society (SMACS).
Get to know fellow students in the natural and health sciences and experience the strong relationship between chemistry and biology. Our biochemistry concentration connects students with cutting-edge science where chemistry, biology and medicine meet.
Prepare for studies beyond your bachelor’s with a chemistry department that excels at placing students in graduate programs. A vast majority of our grads take on additional studies with pharmacy schools, medical schools and PhD programs in chemistry or biology.
A degree in a chemistry field can lead to many different occupations, including jobs in food sciences, medicine/pharmacy, biochemistry, chemical engineering and forensics, just to name a few. Prospects for chemistry careers vary based on sector (government, academia or industry), level of education and specific field. Biomedical chemists, for example, are expected to see significant growth in employment as aging generations live longer and create more demand for medical innovations and supplies.
- Organic Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry Laboratory
- Computational Tech. in Chem. (Tech. Fluency)
- Research Methods in Chemistry
- Quantitative Anal. Chem.
- Physical Chemistry Lecture
- Physical Chemistry Lab
- Seminar in Chemistry
- Capstone Experience
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
- National: FSU accepts applications on a rolling basis, starting on September 15 and continuing until there is no further space for students
DisciplinesChemistry Biochemistry View 2151 other Bachelors in Biochemistry in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Frostburg State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Complete an application for admission and submit your $45 (USD) application fee
- Send your official academic transcripts
- Provide a photocopy of your passport identification page
- Submit an international student certification of financial support
- Pass an English proficiency exam
International21320 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21320 USD per year during 48 months.
National21320 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21320 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State6834 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6834 USD per year during 48 months.
Regional Resident (Residents of Pa., Va., W.Va. and Ohio living within 120 miles of Frostburg) $15,730/year
Living costs for Frostburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.