Courses within the Theater program from Skidmore College afford training in the basic demands of the discipline-physical and vocal control, technique in acting and directing, technical and design skills-as well as the opportunity for advanced study, practical production experience, study abroad, and off-campus internships. The college liberal arts requirements help students to understand the moral, intellectual, and political context in which any artist practices. Theater has the potential to encourage difficult conversations, to ask important questions about cultural representation, to provide a place for interrogating power dynamics, and to give voice to marginalized populations. The Skidmore Theater Department is committed to exploring ways to engage in issues of culture, race, ethnicity, socioeconomic class, gender identity, sexual orientation, and disability, both on and off stage. We strive to create opportunities for students who have been historically underrepresented on our stages.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theater and Culture
- Theater Topics
- Production Seminar Bridge Experience: Power, Justice, Theater, and Community Engagement
- Advanced Playwriting
- Special Studies in Theater History and Theory
- Black Theatre
- Community-Based Theater
- History of American Theater
- Independent Study
- Theater Career Development
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 1240 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Secondary School Report filled out by secondary school guidance counselor or school administrator (includes official high school transcript).
- Two academic Teacher Evaluation Reports .
- Midyear Report filled out by secondary school guidance counselor or school administrator or school administrator or school administrator
- English Language Proficiency test scores for those for whom English is not their first language.
- English fluency is required of all students as Skidmore's liberal arts curriculum is based heavily on written and oral communication. All students must have the ability to communicate inside and outside the classroom.
- Secondary school and university-level transcripts and recommendations. Those not in English should be accompanied by an English translation.
- $65 application fee (check or credit card accepted).
International58128 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58128 USD per year during 48 months.
National58128 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58128 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Saratoga Springs
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.