In the Theater program from The City University of New York you'll have the opportunity to direct, and you will learn stagecraft and design, costume design, lighting design, stage management, performing arts management and world theater history.
Because we're in New York City, with faculty who have access to some of the best theater companies in the world, you'll work with such prestigious organizations as the Manhattan Theatre Club, the New York Shakespeare Festival, Playwrights Horizons and SoHo Rep. By the time you graduate, you'll have the tools to compete — and flourish — in the theatrical community.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Communicate effectively and professionally (verbally, visually, and/or in writing) in an area of specialization.
- Apply acquired knowledge and skills to pursue innovative endeavors in line with a personal or collaborative vision.
- Create work that involves professional collaboration, discipline, and standards.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Introduction to Theater Arts
- Introduction to Acting
- Introduction to Theater Production
- Scene/Electrics Shop Practicum
- Costume Shop Practicum
- Running Crew Practicum
- Art of Theater: Practical Process and Collaboration
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 1235 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- High School Transcript
- Standardized Test Scores
- Letters of Recommendation & Essays/Personal Statements
- Supplemental Application for Selective Programs (if applicable)
- High School Equivalency Exam Scores and Diploma (if applicable)
- Military Transcripts (if applicable)
Additional Items for Applicants Educated Outside the U.S.
- Secondary School Transcript/ Statement of Marks
- English Translations of Foreign Documents
- TOEFL, IELTS or PTE Scores
International18600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18600 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National18600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18600 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State6930 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6930 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.