The undergraduate major in Art History - Global Perspectives at the Bridgewater State University is designed to prepare students for entry into graduate school or for entry-level positions in galleries and museums. The Art History program is committed to the study of art outside of the classroom through visits to major museums and galleries and architectural sites in Boston and New York City.
There is also potential for art history sponsored/curated exhibitions to be held within the gallery context of the department and the university. An established history of exhibitions enhances classroom instruction. In addition, visiting artists and related art programs are made possible each year by a generous gift from the Class of 1936.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Asian Art Survey: India, China and Japan
- Introduction to African Art
- Survey of Islamic Art and Architecture
- MesoAmerican Art and Architecture
- Early Modern Art and Architecture
- Art and Architecture since 1940
- Seminar in Art History
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
Overseas students are advised to seek admission at least six months before the fall deadline.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Art History Liberal Arts View 2267 other Bachelors in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
- Bridgewater State University follows the admissions standards as outlined by the Massachusetts Board of Higher Education. First-year applicants must also submit the results of the SAT I: Reasoning Test or the ACT. Students whose native language is not English may submit the TOEFL or the SAT II English Language Proficiency Test (ELPT).
- Interviews are not required for admission to BSU, but they may provide both you and our counseling staff with additional information to make more informed decisions. We are in extraordinary times and an optional evaluative interview allows us to get a better sense of you beyond pass/fail grades, optional test scores and interrupted extracurricular activities.
International16872 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16872 USD per year during 48 months.
National16872 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16872 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State10732 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10732 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Bridgewater
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.