You’ll learn how to effectively implement instruction using a wide variety of approaches. You’ll also learn how to use technology to enhance teaching and learning. You’ll become a UCM educator: a competent, caring reflective practitioner committed to the premise that all can learn.
We offer a bachelor degree in Elementary Education Grades 1-6 at the University of Central Missouri. At UCM, we believe you learn best by doing. That’s why you’ll receive extensive classroom teaching opportunities in multiple grade levels and settings well before you graduate. In fact our goal is for you to have classroom placements in every grade in which you will be certified to teach.
Our faculty are all experienced former elementary teachers with the knowledge and skills to help you develop as an educator. Your professors are with you in your field placements to provide support. Working alongside elementary teachers and students ensures we stay current and are preparing you well for the reality of today’s classrooms.
As a graduate of our Early Childhood Education program, you will:
- Promote child development and learning while building family and community relationships.
- Observe, document, and assess to support young children and families.
- Use content knowledge, appropriate pedagogy, and dispositions to build meaningful curriculum using developmentally effective approaches.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Diversity and Social Justice
- Concepts in Elementary Social Studies
- Life & Earth Science for Teachers
- Physical Science and Engineering Design for Teachers
- Early Childhood Principles and Observation
- Integration of Arts & Movement in Early Childhood
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Early Childhood Education View 780 other Bachelors in Early Childhood Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete the International Student Application
- Pay the non-refundable $75 application fee
- Prove English proficiency
- Provide financial support letter
- Provide a bank statement with adequate funds
- Official Transcripts
- Photocopy of passport
International14250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 475 USD per credit during 48 months.
National14250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 475 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State7050 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 235 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Warrensburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.