In the last two decades, the economics discipline has changed; we recognize that our daily existence is more complicated than traditionally thought. There is an interconnectedness in our decision making, bounds on our cognition and rationality, overwhelming levels of information and stochastic shocks to our economy that create system complexity. In short, our world is more human than the economic tradition. The Economics and Computational Analysis degree program from the University of Alabama Huntsville is a comprehensive program that gives students a broad understanding of economic activities and specific quantitative skills to rigorously analyze economic, social, business, and/or public policy issues. The degree program incorporates a minor (or double major) in a framing discipline that both broadens and deepens the students' knowledge and understanding.
- The successful graduate knows the fundamental influences of markets and public policy on microeconomic performance.
- The successful graduate knows the fundamental influences of markets and public policy on macroeconomic performance.
- The successful graduate will be able to analyze the impact of technology on firm costs and market demand, and how they influence market structure and firm strategy.
- The successful graduate will be able to create, implement, and communicate an agent-based economic model.
- The successful graduate will understand and be able to articulate ethics in economic analysis
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Macro Economic Analysis
- Micro Economic Analysis
- Economics Information Tech
- Games And Networks
- Sports Economics
- Labor Economics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
UAH suggests that high school students apply during the fall semester of their senior year.
DisciplinesEconomics View 1340 other Masters in Economics in United States
- Completed undergraduate international application form.
- Non-refundable application fee of $60 USD.
- Official copies of secondary school and college or university transcripts including English translations forwarded to The University of Alabama in Huntsville directly from the institution(s) attended or the approved accrediting agency. Personal copies are not accepted. English credits earned at international institutions will be evaluated by the Department of English at UAH after an admission decision is made.
- Certificate of Foreign Credit Evaluation for all high school or college coursework done outside of the U.S. must be performed by an approved service.
International22126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22126 USD per year during 48 months.
National22126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22126 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State9730 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9730 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Huntsville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.