Sociology is a fascinating subject which explores patterns and trends in human behavior, society, and culture.
Sociologists bring scientific tools and perspectives to understand causes and consequences of contemporary social issues and problems, and analyze the impact of social policies on groups and organizations.
The best sociological analyses combine a focus on important details with analyses about how the details relate to "the big picture." A B.A. in Sociology provides a broad foundation for further studies in law, social work, social policy, psychology, criminology, or public health. Analytical and social science research skills prepare students for careers in market research, human services, government, health care, and law.
At University of Alabama Huntsville we are committed to providing all students with the knowledge and skills that derive from a sociological perspective. Our curriculum encompasses core areas in the discipline with courses in sociological theory, social inequality, social institutions, social change and sociological methodology.
Students may use the sociological perspective in pursuing further studies in the discipline, at work in diverse settings, and as thoughtful and involved members of their communities.
The UAH Department of Sociology offers the B.A. with a major in sociology and a minor in Sociology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Intro to sociology
- Analysis of social problems
- Intro to criminology
- Intro cultural anthropology
- Marriage and family
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
UAH suggests that high school students apply during the fall semester of their senior year.
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology Criminology View 478 other Masters in Criminology in United States
- Completed undergraduate international application form.
- Non-refundable application fee of $60 USD.
- Official copies of secondary school and college or university transcripts including English translations forwarded to The University of Alabama in Huntsville directly from the institution(s) attended or the approved accrediting agency. Personal copies are not accepted. English credits earned at international institutions will be evaluated by the Department of English at UAH after an admission decision is made.
- Certificate of Foreign Credit Evaluation for all high school or college coursework done outside of the U.S. must be performed by an approved service.
International22126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22126 USD per year during 48 months.
National22126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22126 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State9730 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9730 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Huntsville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.