Though relatively young, psychology is an expansive discipline that incorporates topics from other disciplines such as biology, business, engineering, and education.
Studying psychology requires students to solve problems, reason verbally and quantitatively, organize material, think critically, communicate clearly, and work effectively with others. At University of Alabama Huntsville, the psychology department is small and very student-centered.There are two tracks within the psychology degree - the Psychological Sciences Track, for those interested in research and pursuing an advanced degree within any area of Psychology, and the Psychological Services Track, for those interested in human services and pursuing a master's in counseling, social work, or a Psy.D. degree.
MissionThe focus of the Department of Psychology is threefold:
- Consequently, the mission of the department centers upon the development of students, development of faculty and scholarly activities, and service to scholarly and professional societies as well as to appropriate communities, including those within UAH.
- The Department of Psychology supports the Mission of the College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences in a variety of ways. We provide close interactions between teachers and learners in our seminar courses, as well as in our research courses and internship opportunities.
- The Department of Psychology encourages personal and professional growth in its promotion of students’ career exploration, knowledge acquisition, skill development (i.e., critical thinking, technical writing, oral communication, and statistical analyses), and valuation of diversity.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- General psychology
- Applications in psychology
- Psychological statistics
- Psychological statistics lab
- Experimental psychology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
UAH suggests that high school students apply during the fall semester of their senior year.
DisciplinesPsychology View 1467 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- Completed undergraduate international application form.
- Non-refundable application fee of $60 USD.
- Official copies of secondary school and college or university transcripts including English translations forwarded to The University of Alabama in Huntsville directly from the institution(s) attended or the approved accrediting agency. Personal copies are not accepted. English credits earned at international institutions will be evaluated by the Department of English at UAH after an admission decision is made.
- Certificate of Foreign Credit Evaluation for all high school or college coursework done outside of the U.S. must be performed by an approved service.
International22126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22126 USD per year during 48 months.
National22126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22126 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State9730 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9730 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Huntsville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.