- Connect to a vibrant community with a long history of engaged research and scholarly activism in the Clark community and around the world.
- Gain insights from applications of feminist theory that push you to think more critically about ideas and events that you encounter in your everyday life.
- Use gender analysis to understand and evaluate the lived experiences of individuals and communities representing a diversity of gender identities.
- Develop a greater sensibility about how gender intersects with sexuality, race, ethnicity, religion, age, class, ability, and other social identities.
- Conduct a research project or tailor an internship experience to your own areas of interest in the fields of women’s and gender studies.
Why Major in Women’s and Gender Studies at Clark University?
- Gain insights from applications of feminist theory that push you to think more critically about ideas and events that you encounter in your everyday life, while using gender analysis to understand and evaluate the lived experiences of diverse individuals and communities.
- Develop an individualized area of specialization with the help of a faculty adviser; complete a minor or concentration — or a second major — in another field, as required, to support your specialization and to reinforce connections with other disciplines.
- Carry forward a tradition of activism: Women’s and Gender Studies is a program with a history dating from the 1970s, when student activists urged their feminist mentors to begin offering courses in women’s studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Terror of the Gothic
- Women Writers
- The Gothic
- Advanced Studies in Shakespeare
- Studies in the Renaissance
- Making Gender through the Eighteenth-Century Novel
- Gender and Genre in the Nineteenth-Century British Novel
- Special Topics in 19th-Century British Literature
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Gender & Sexuality Studies View 1882 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official high school transcript
- Recommendation from a guidance counselor
- Recommendation from a teacher in a traditional academic subject
- Personal essay
International48250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48250 USD per year during 48 months.
National48250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48250 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Worcester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.