VSU’s political science curriculum is designed to help students develop the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to reason logically and think critically about the important questions and problems of our day.
- Political Science majors at Virginia State University learn to develop their writing and public speaking skills, and also acquire new skills in quantitative research.
- Field trips to events such as the annual Congressional Black Caucus Legislative Forum also give them chances to broaden their perspectives and to become politically active.
- Through a senior thesis requirement and internships, students participate in the practical analysis of contemporary public problems, and experience the hands-on challenges of public policy and management.
- Students in the BA program are not required to complete an internship, but it is highly recommended.
- The department works with the City of Richmond and Chesterfield County, as well as law firms and other private entities in Virginia, Washington D.C. and New York City to provide summer internships to its students.
- In D.C., for example, students could have the opportunity to work with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). In the spring, students can opt for an internship with the Virginia General Assembly.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Policy Political Science View 1411 other Bachelors in Political Science in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed application
- Completed International Applicant Supplement
- Official or certified copies of all academic records in Native Language to include examinations from the examinations councils (copies will not be accepted).
- Translated academic records/ transcripts, originals only, copies not accepted (We recommend World Education Services)
- Official SAT or ACT scores sent directly from test agency.
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores for non-native English speakers.
- Two letters of recommendation – Freshmen only (one must be from your Guidance Counselor).
- Personal Statement or essay on your Future Aspirations
- Proof of Immunization
International18627 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18627 USD per year during 48 months.
National18627 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18627 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State5540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5540 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.