Students who major in History at the University of Redlands will personalize their program of study by declaring a thematic focus, tying together coursework and laying the foundation for a capstone project of original historical literature while engaging in historiographical debates.
- Small classes mean student-faculty interaction is the norm
- All classes are taught by full-time faculty (no TAs!)
- Opportunities for independent study, including the completion of an honors thesis
Wide Variety of Career Paths
- History prepares you to think critically and communicate effectively
- Outsource-proof: History students learn skills for an information-based economy
- Graduates pursue education, law, business, public service and more
Understanding of the World
- The History program offers a global perspective for an interconnected world
- Study abroad and still graduate on time
- Faculty expertise in American, African, Asian, European, Latin American and Middle Eastern history offers opportunities to explore a breadth of historical issues
About the Department
The Department of History offers courses that enable students to understand how historical knowledge is created. Special focus is placed on the 19th and 20th centuries.
This approach lends itself well to students who wish to pursue careers in law, teaching or public service and is crucial to students in the international relations program.
The department emphasizes work with primary sources - whether documents, autobiographies or other cultural artifacts.
The History program from University of Redlands also is a major contributor to a new integrated social science program for students interested in secondary level teaching.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- World History to 1450
- World History since 1450
- American History to 1877
- American History since 1877
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History Ancient History View 1605 other Masters in History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The Common Application, including the personal essay and University of Redlands member questions
- $50 application fee
- Official transcripts from all secondary schools attended
- One letter of recommendation from guidance/college counselor and/or the Common Application Secondary school report
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher who can speak to your academic ability
- Students whose native language is not English, must meet the English requirements
International52150 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 52150 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National52150 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 52150 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.